In 2016, a joint venture between Mustakbal clean tech (MCT), Enerparc AG, and Massanat Engineering and Contracting (MECCO) was awarded an EPCOM contract for a 5.1MWp PV power station to serve the Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea Hotel under a “wheeling scheme”. The turn key PV solution was completed on time, in May of 2017, without claims and to the satisfaction of the client, ‘United Saudi Jordanian Hotel and Tourism Co. owner of the hotel.
The plant uses a single axis tracking system, resulting in 30% more output compared to a fixed mounted installation. The project covers 70% of the hotel’s electricity needs, while the remaining 30% will be covered in a new project in Sul Karak which is planned to be commissioned in April of 2018. MCT is responsible for the operations and maintenance of the PV plant. These responsibilities include monitoring output, trouble-shooting faults, generating output reports, security and cleaning of the PV arrays. To date, the average output of the system is approximately 2,200 kwh/kwp/year. The project is under a performance guarantee for the duration of the O&M period. TUV served as third party inspection, and 3G ERES was the owner representative of the project.